CCCF honors Ridlens, awards 16 mini-grants
On Sunday, November 13, a crowd of over a hundred people gathered at Desserts First for the Cass County Community Foundation’s traditional “Thanks for Giving” celebration, a donor and volunteer recognition event. The highlight of the afternoon was the awarding of the 2016 Dick Cassidy “Thanks for Giving” outstanding community volunteer award to Julian and Sue Ridle
The award is given to an individual or in this case, individuals, who through their unselfish and outstanding commitment of time, talent and treasure, embodies the CCCF spirit of giving. When announcing the award, Deanna Crispen, CCCF president said, “Julian and Sue truly exemplify the meaning behind this award. Their service and commitment to the Community Foundation, Cass County, the State of Indiana, and our nation as a couple is simply unbelievable. When I looked back through their accomplishments and thought about all the lives these two generous people have touched it is clear that both Sue and Julian have led a life filled with passion for those around them.”
Several testimonials were shared highlighting the impact of the Ridlens lifelong service. IU Kokomo Chancellor Sue Sciame Giesecke, Circuit Court Judge Leo Burns, and State Senator Randy Head all offered comments witnessing the work of the Ridlens.
In addition to honoring the Ridlens, the Foundation also held a drawing for 16-$1000 mini-grants for local charitable programs.
The sixteen organizations drawn to receive funding are:
- United Way of Cass County submitted by Chris Gaumer
- Food 4 Kids Pioneer submitted by Angie Williams
- The Bridge submitted by Maria Banuelos Cortez
- Logan’s landing submitted by Bob Dunderman
- Logansport High School Speech Team submitted by McKenna Achey
- The William Paca Lodge submitted by Gary Scagnoli
- Logansport Youth soccer submitted by Josh Hopper
- Peak Community Services submitted by Chris Hess
- Southeastern Buddy Bags submitted by Andrew Berain
- Mental Health of Cass County submitted by Joe Buck
- Logansport High School Diversity Club submitted by Maria Banuelos Cortez
- Royal Center Public Library submitted by Darlene Kerr
- Junior Achievement of Cass County submitted by Mirenthe Wilson
- Cass County Domestic Violence Task Force submitted by Nick Bowyer
- Civic Players of Logansport submitted by Lorien Stair-Spicer
- Cass County Humane Society submitted by Lisa Hood
Guests also enjoyed an assortment of hors d’oeuvres and live music by Ned Boyd. For more information about the award or grants, call CCCF at 574-722-2200.
SOURCE: News release from Cass County Community Foundation