Parents invited to Nov. 17 event to learn more about Ivy Tech
KOKOMO, Ind. — Registrations are being accepted for parents of area high school students interested in attending a Parent Night at Ivy Tech Community College’s Kokomo Campus. The event, set for 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17, at the main building at 1815 E. Morgan St., will be an opportunity to learn more about possibilities for their student’s life after high school.
The names of students who bring parents or guardians to Parent Night will be entered into a drawing for a scholarship for a three-credit-hour class at an Ivy Tech campus in the Kokomo Region to be used in 2017. Parents or guardians must be present at the time of the drawing to win.
Parent Night will include these topics:
- Welcome to Community College: An overview of what Ivy Tech offers
- Paying for College 101: Tips, tricks, strategies to minimize student debt
- Start Here, Go There: Transfer options for those pursuing bachelor’s degrees
- Associate Accelerated Degree (ASAP): Complete a two-year Liberal Arts degree in 11 months
- Dual Credit: Putting to use the Ivy Tech credit your student is already earning
Participants will get information about the admission process and have an opportunity to tour the Kokomo campus. Faculty and staff will be on hand to answer questions.
“Ivy Tech offers lots of options. Short-term certificate programs that move grads right into the workforce. Degrees and credits that transfer to four-year colleges. Summer courses as a visiting student to stay on track for on-time completion and save money at another school,” said Marcia Worland, executive director of Marketing & Communication for Ivy Tech’s Kokomo Region. “The Parent Night offers an opportunity to explore the options right here in local communities — at Indiana’s community college.”
SOURCE: News release from Ivy Tech Community College