Schedule, Delegation for Governor Holcomb’s Trade Mission to Japan
NDIANAPOLIS (Aug. 31, 2017) – Governor Eric J. Holcomb will depart Thursday on his second international trade mission, leading a delegation of business leaders and economic development officials to Japan to attract new investment and jobs to Indiana. The governor’s schedule for the trip, along with members of the Indiana delegation, are listed below.
“As Indiana’s largest foreign investor, Japan and its business sector contribute greatly to our state and to Hoosiers,” Gov. Holcomb said. “I’ve been honored to meet with a number of Japanese officials and business executives here in Indiana this year, and I look forward to building and strengthening our partnerships in Japan.”
Saturday, Sept. 9
On Saturday, Governor Holcomb and the delegation will travel by train from Tokyo to Tochigi Prefecture to commemorate Indiana’s sister-state relationship with Tochigi, which was established in 1999.
Sunday, Sept. 10
In Tokyo, the governor will attend opening events for the Midwest U.S.-Japan Association Conference, including a joint governors meeting and welcome reception. Governor Holcomb is one of five U.S. governors scheduled to attend the conference. He will also meet with the chairman of the Japan External Trade Organization, which focuses on promoting global trade.
Monday, Sept. 11
Governor Holcomb will address attendees at the Midwest-U.S. Japan Association Conference and meet with representatives of Japan-based companies with operations in Indiana, including Subaru Corporation, Ryobi Ltd. and Keihin. The governor and members of the delegation will also meet with representatives of Keidanren, Japan’s largest business lobby.
Tuesday, Sept. 12
On Tuesday, the governor will visit executives of Japanese businesses with operations in Indiana, including Honda Motor Co., Mitsubishi Corporation, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, Kimura Foundry and Hitachi Ltd., as well as representatives of Keizai Doyukai, a Japanese association of corporate executives.
In the evening, the delegation will host a Friends of Indiana reception in Tokyo with Japanese government and prefectural officials, representatives from Japanese companies with operations in Indiana and Indiana companies with locations in Japan.
Wednesday, Sept. 13
The Indiana delegation will travel by train to Aichi Prefecture. There, Governor Holcomb will conduct business meetings with Toyota Industries, Toyota Boshoku, Aisin and NTN Corporation, which all provide Hoosier jobs at manufacturing facilities in Indiana.
Thursday, Sept. 14
On Thursday, the Governor will meet with executives of Japanese businesses with operations in Indiana, including Toyota Tsusho Corporation. In the evening, the delegation will host a Friends of Indiana reception in Nagoya with business executives, partners and economic stakeholders.
Friday, Sept. 15
Prior to departing Japan, Governor Holcomb will meet with Aichi Governor Hideaki Ohmura to discuss ongoing opportunities for economic collaboration between Indiana and Aichi Prefecture, which is the manufacturing center of Japan.
In addition to Governor Holcomb and Indiana Secretary of Commerce Jim Schellinger, the Indiana delegation will include more than 40 economic development professionals, local elected officials, business leaders and education representatives.
- Barnes & Thornburg: Pete Morse, Kendall Millard, Hide Niyama
- Bose McKinney & Evans/Bose Public Affairs Group: Victor Smith
- Bowman Family Holdings: John Mandabach
- Carroll White REMC: Randy Price
- Cass County Economic Development: Christy Householder
- Columbus, Greater Columbus Indiana EDC: Mayor Jim Lienhoop, Jason Hester
- Crawfordsville: Mayor Todd Barton
- Cornerstone Environmental, Health and Safety: Cynthia Madrick, Mark Miller
- DEEM: Tom Prather
- Force Construction: Clayton Force, Yukihito Ozaki
- Garmong Construction Services: Dan Zuerner
- Gaylor Electric: Michael Kern
- Genesys: Roger Reeves
- Gregory & Appel: Rick Pease
- Hoosier Energy: Harold Gutzwiller
- Ice Miller: Beth Bechdol
- IEDC: Kai Chuck, Paul Roland (IEDC Japan), Andrea Richter
- Indiana University: William Stephan
- Ingraham & Associates: Larry Ingraham
- Jackson County Industrial Development Corporation: Jim Plump
- Japan-America Society of Indiana: Theresa Kulczak
- Jennings County Economic Development: Kathy Ertel
- MJ Insurance: Hideyuki Orr Kawashima, Daniel Orr
- NIPSCO: Don Babcock
- Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership: John Sampson
- Old National Bank: James Ryan
- Orange County Economic Development Partnership: Lloyd Arnold
- Pioneer Realty: Kumiko Brunson Sese
- Seymour: Mayor Craig Luedeman
- Shelbyville, Shelby County Development Corporation: Mayor Tom DeBaun, Brian Asher, Rob Nolley
- Vectren Corporation: Mike Roeder
- Vincennes/Knox County Development Corporation: Mayor Joe Yochum, Kent Utt
- White County Economic Development: Randy Mitchell
Staff members from the IEDC and Governor’s Office, along with two members of the Governor’s security detail, will also travel to Japan. The cost of the state delegation is being covered through private donations to the Indiana Economic Development Foundation.
More information on Indiana’s economic ties to Japan is available here.
SOURCE: News release from Indiana Economic Development Corporation