Logansport Parks to host Christmas in the Park
For the 2nd year, The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department and its Foundation, will be offering holiday display of lights at Spencer Park for the community and the surrounding area. Many sponsoring organizations and businesses are a part of this very special event. Christmas In the Park opening night will take place on Friday, November 23 following the Light Up Logansport Parade, and will run through Christmas Eve. The light show will be open from 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, and closed on Sundays and Mondays. The cost will be $10 per car.
Before you go, some things to know:
- If you’d like to attend for half price, you may pick up a $5 off coupon at one of our coupon locations:
- Cass County Community Foundation
- Cole Hardwood
- Logansport Memorial Hospital
- McCord’s Do-It-Best Center
- Logansport Pharos Tribune
- Cass County Visitor’s Bureau
- Security Federal
- Logansport Parks Office
- Shining Star Promotion Nights will take place every Saturday night and is sponsored by local businesses, and one family. When you go to Christmas In the Park on a Saturday night, each person in the car will receive promotional “HoloSpex” glasses, a new way for you to enjoy the holiday lights.
- Certain weekday nights are when various non-profits are managing the park, and raising funds for their own organization. All other nights will benefit the Logansport Parks & Recreation Foundation. If you are particularly interested in your entrance fee to go to a specific non-profit, here’s the schedule:
- November 27: Civic Players
- November 28: Cass County Arts Alliance
- December 4: Logansport Soccer Club
- December 5: Cass County 4-H Association
- December 11: The State Theater
- December 12: Landis Elementary PTO
- December 13: LHS Speech Team
- December 19: Junior Civic Theater
- December 21: Cass County Roosters
- During the operating hours, people must remain in their vehicles for their own safety. No pedestrians will be permitted on the tour.
- Spencer Park will remain closed to vehicle traffic throughout the holidays until the lighting décor has been removed. Daytime park users should plan to park their vehicles on the north side of High Street or near the lower pavilion to utilize the park. The Parks Department has requested that park users please stay away from the Christmas décor in the Park. It could pose a danger especially to kids playing nearby. We do ask that all walkers please stay on the sidewalk and roadway. We apologize for any inconvenience. Questions can be directed to the Parks Administrator, Janet Fawley at 753-6969 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.